Join us for our Virtual Game Auction, Saturday, November 14 at 6pm on our Discord server and get great deals on board games, card games, roleplaying games (RPGs) and video games. Bid on games from the comfort of your own home. If you’ve got games you don’t play anymore, we can auction them off for you and give you the proceeds in store credit, less $2 per lot. The deadline to submit games is Wednesday, November 11.
If you think you might want to bid in the auction, you should register now by calling Tina at (843) 851-1498. We’ll be posting updates here on our web site and on Facebook as the games come in. You never know what will come up for auction. In our previous auctions we’ve seen rare and out-of-print games, games still in shrink wrap, and gift-worthy used games of all types and genres. There’s always something great! The deadline to register as a bidder is Friday, November 13.
This is our second Virtual Game Auction – our tenth auction overall. We’ll be holding it on our Discord server and we estimate it to run from 6:00 pm ’til 9:00 pm. Following are a few more details, including how to sign up as a bidder and how to submit any games you want to sell in the auction.
- Register by Friday, November 13, 2020:
- Join our Discord server, if you haven’t already: https://discord.gg/nDhv9EJ
- Call Tina at (843) 851-1498. (Hours: 11am – 8pm any day of the week.) She’ll ask for your name, Discord username and payment details, then assign you a bidder number.
- Alternatively, you can text us your name and Discord username at (843) 695-1498 and we’ll call you back.
- You can preview the games up for auction in-person at Here Be Books & Games, during store hours thru Saturday, November 14, 2020. We’ll also post pictures and lists as games come in here on our website and on Facebook.
- We’ll post a final list of the games up for auction, in auction order, on our website and Facebook by 2 pm the day of the auction – earlier if possible.
- Tune in to the auction from the comfort of your own home via Discord in the Game Auction voice/video channel on our Discord server. (Please keep your mic muted except when asking questions.) Type your bids in the #game-auction text channel.
- Need help learning how to use Discord? Call Tina, she’s happy to help.
- You can pick up your purchases at Here Be Books & Games the week after the auction, during regular store hours. Contactless curbside pickup and local delivery are also available.
- Drop off your games during store hours Friday, October 9 thru Wednesday, November 11, 2020.
- Board games, card games, video games, RPGs and gaming accessories – even dice and minis – are all acceptable.
- Inventory all games to make sure they’re complete before check-in.
- You can sell multiple games together in one lot. We recommend this for small games and games with their expansions.
- Fill out a form for each game or lot. You can get forms at the store or download them here to fill out ahead of time and speed up the process.
- Please set a Reserve price: the minimum bid you’ll accept. This won’t necessarily be the starting bid. However, the starting bid will always be your greater than or equal to your Reserve – usually greater than your Reserve unless the Reserve is high.
- We’ll put your games on display in the Dragon Room until the auction starts.
- You’ll receive the proceeds of any games sold in store credit, less $2 per game/lot.
- You can spend Store Credit like a gift certificate. If you want an in-print game or accessory that’s not in stock, we can usually order it for you so you can get just what you want!
- If you want to make your purchases online, sign up for an account on our online store, add the items you want to your cart, then call us so we can apply your Store Credit to your order.
For more details, please see the Virtual Game Auction FAQ. If you have any questions, drop by the store or give us a call at (843) 695-1498.
Mark you calendars now to join us virtually at Here Be Books & Games, Saturday, November 14, 2020 for our Virtual Game Auction!