Join us for our 15th Game Auction, Saturday, October 8, 2022 at 6pm on Here Be Books & Games’ Discord server and get great deals on board games, card games, jigsaw puzzles, roleplaying games (RPGs) and video games. Bid on games and puzzles from the comfort of your own home. We’ll be posting updates here on our web site and on Facebook as the games come in.
Do you have any games and/or puzzles you don’t want anymore? We can auction them off for you and give you the proceeds in store credit, less $3 per lot. Please submit your games and puzzles for the auction ASAP. The deadline is Saturday, October 1, 2022 or whenever the auction reaches capacity. The sooner you submit them the better!
If you think you might want to bid in the auction, you can register now by calling Tina at (843) 851-1498. Space is limited, so register early!
You never know what will come up for auction. In our previous auctions we’ve seen gift-worthy used games and puzzles of all types and genres, rare and out-of-print games and even items still in shrink wrap. There’s always something great! The deadline to register as a bidder is Friday, October 7.
This will be a virtual auction held on our Discord server so you can participate from home. We estimate it to run from 6:00 pm ’til 9:00 pm. Following are a few more details, including how to sign up as a bidder and how to submit any games and/or puzzles you want to sell at the auction.
Register by Friday, October 1, 2022. Space is limited so register ASAP!
- You must register if you want to participate in the auction - even if you have attended a previous virtual auction. Space is limited to 23 bidders due to Discord video channel limitations.
- Join our Discord server, if you haven’t already: https://discord.gg/nDhv9EJ
- Call Tina at (843) 851-1498. (Hours: 11am – 8pm any day of the week.) She’ll ask for your name, Discord username and payment details, then assign you a bidder number.
- Alternatively, you can text us your name and Discord username at (843) 695-1498 and we’ll call you back.
- You can preview the games up for auction in-person at Here Be Books & Games, during store hours. As games and puzzles come in, we’ll post updates on our Facebook page.
- We’ll also post a final list of the games up for auction, in auction order, on our website and Facebook by 2 pm the day of the auction – earlier if possible.
- Tune in to the auction from the comfort of your own home via Discord in the Game Auction voice/video channel on our Discord server. (Please keep your mic muted except when asking questions.)
- Type your bids in the #game-auction text channel.
- Need help learning how to use Discord? Call Tina, she’s happy to help.
- Pick up your purchases at Here Be Books & Games the week after the auction, during regular store hours. Contactless curbside pickup and local delivery are also available.
- Drop off your games during store hours now thru Saturday, October 1, 2022. The sooner you bring your games and puzzles in the better, as we will cut off submissions once the auction has reached capacity.
- Board games, jigsaw puzzles, card games, video games, RPGs and gaming accessories – even dice and minis – are all acceptable.
- Inventory all games and puzzles to make sure they’re complete before check-in.
- You can sell multiple items together in one lot. We recommend this only for small games and puzzles, or a game with one or more expansions. Please do not bundle more than 2 regular-size or large games together in a lot.
- Fill out a form for each item or lot. You can get forms at the store or download them here to fill out ahead of time and speed up the process.
- Please set a Reserve price: the minimum bid you’ll accept. This won’t necessarily be the starting bid. However, the starting bid will always be greater than or equal to your Reserve – usually greater than your Reserve unless the Reserve is high. Note: low reserves are more likely to inspire interest and generate more bids, while items with high reserves often get no bids.
- We’ll put your games on display in the Gate Room until the auction starts and advertise them on Facebook.
- You’ll receive the proceeds of any games sold in store credit, less $3 per lot.
- You can spend your Store Credit like a gift certificate. If you want an in-print game or accessory that’s not in stock, we can usually order it for you so you can get just what you want!
- If you want to make your purchases online, sign up for an account on our online store, add the items you want to your cart, then call us so we can apply your Store Credit to your order.
For more details, please see the Virtual Game Auction FAQ. If you have any questions, drop by the store or give us a call at (843) 695-1498.
Mark you calendars now to join us virtually on Here Be Books & Games’ Discord Server, Saturday, October 8, 2022 for our Virtual Game Auction! A good time is sure to be had by all! Don't suffer FOMO, register now!