Turn your old board games & RPGs into new and get great deals on used board games and RPGs at our ninth Game Auction on Saturdays, September 19 & 26 from 6 to 10 pm virtually via Here Be Books & Games’ Discord server.
Sellers, this is your chance to turn old games you don’t play anymore into new games you want. We’ll auction off your old board games, card games and/or roleplaying games and give you the proceeds in store credit, less $2 per lot. Deadline to submit games: Wednesday, September 16.
Buyers, you can get great deals on used games, maybe even add a rare or out-of-print game to your collection. You never know what will come up for auction, but there’s always something great! Deadline to register: Friday, September 18.
The Virtual Game Auction will run from 6:00 pm ’til approximately 10:00 pm on Saturday, September 19 and potentially continue on Saturday, September 26, same bat time, same bat channel.
- Register by Friday, September 18, 2020:
- Join our Discord server, if you haven’t already: https://discord.gg/nDhv9EJ
- Text your name and Discord username (843) 695-1498.
- We’ll call you to confirm your registration and arrange payment details.
- You can preview the games up for auction at Here Be Books & Games, during store hours thru Saturday, September 19, 2020. We’ll also post pictures and lists as games come in here on our website and on Facebook.
- We’ll post a final list of the games up for auction on our website and Facebook by 2 pm the day of the auction.
- Tune in to the auction from the comfort of your own home via Discord in the Game Auction voice & video channel on our Discord server. (Please keep your mic muted except when asking questions.) Type your bids in the game-auction text channel.
- You can pick up your purchases at Here Be Books & Games the week after the auction, during regular store hours. Contactless curbside pickup and local delivery are also available.
- Drop off your games during store hours Friday, September 4 thru Wednesday, September 16, 2020.
- Board games, card games, RPGs, and gaming accessories – even dice and minis – are all acceptable.
- Inventory all games to make sure they’re complete before check-in.
- Fill out a form for each game or lot. You can get forms at the store or download them here to fill out ahead of time and speed up the process.
- You can set a Reserve price: the minimum bid you’ll accept.
- We’ll put your games on display until the auction starts.
- You’ll receive the proceeds of any games sold in store credit, less $2 per game/lot.
- You can spend Store Credit like a gift certificate. If you want an in-print game or accessory that’s not in stock, we can order it for you and you can get just what you want!
- If you want to make your purchases online, sign up for an account on our online store, add the items you want to your cart, then call us so we can apply your Store Credit to your order.
For more details, please see the Virtual Game Auction FAQ. If you have any questions, drop by the store or give us a call at (843) 695-1498.
Mark you calendars now to join us virtually at Here Be Books & Games, Saturdays, September 19 & 26, 2020 for our Virtual Game Auction!