Here Be Books & Games has Used Games & Puzzles sections full of gently used games and jigsaw puzzles at great prices. Most of the used games and puzzles in these sections are sold on a Consignment basis. Each item (or lot of items) has an accompanying Condition Tag full of helpful information, described by the Seller, about the item’s condition and completeness. Swing by and check out the offerings – they change all the time!
Want to sell your gently used games and puzzles at Here Be Books & Games? Read on!
Selling Used Games and Puzzles at Here Be Books & Games
Please read the following before bringing items you want to sell to the store.
We are currently accepting gently used board games, jigsaw puzzles, roleplaying games (RPGs) and video games. Miniatures, dice, and collectibles are currently not accepted.
- As a Seller, you may offer up to five items for sale in our Used Games & Puzzles section. Exceptions may be made for RPG sets and other situations. Just ask us.
- Within reason, a Seller may sell a “lot” of items as a single item – such as a game plus expansions or a set of RPG books. These items will be shrink wrapped together and presented and sold as a single item.
- The Seller must complete a Used Game Submission Form for each item/lot they wish to sell. Forms are available on our web site and in the store.
- The Seller is expected to be honest about the condition of their item. Here Be Books & Games’ staff will review the Submission Form and suggest changes if we deem them appropriate. These forms will be available to view by potential Buyers.
- The Seller determines a single asking price for the item, $5 minimum, in whole dollars. This price will be non-negotiable and Here Be Books & Games will only sell the item at that price. We will also not break up lots.
- Upon submission, within a reasonable amount of time, Here Be Books & Games’ staff will prepare the used item for sale. We will attach a Condition Tag (Post-It Note adhesive only) to the item and shrink wrap it before shelving. The Condition Tag includes the Seller’s asking price for the item and a summary of the item’s condition as described by the Seller on the item’s Used Game Submission Form.
- Upon sale of an item, the Buyer will be given 3 days to return the item if he or she does not agree with the Seller’s condition report. This is the only circumstance under which we will accept a used game return. Some items, such as games submitted in shrink wrap or puzzles are sold on an AS IS basis and cannot be returned.
- Three business days after the sale – or as soon as possible – the Seller will receive Store Credit in the amount of 75% of the asking price of the item, as submitted by the Seller. Note: Store Credit may not be used on Auction purchases.
- Here Be Books & Games will process any SC Sales Tax associated with the purchase.
A Seller’s Used Game is sold on Consignment and remains the property of the Seller until such a time as it sells or is removed from the shelf (usually about 60 days). Here Be Books & Games will assume responsibility for the item while it is in our possession.
- If an item does not sell, the Seller has 30 days to pick up the item after being notified that it has been removed from the shelf. If the Seller does not pick up the item within 30 days, it will be considered abandoned and become the property of Here Be Books & Games. Please contact us if you require extra time.
- Unsold items may not be submitted for sale again for at least another 60 days.
- Here Be Books & Games reserves the right to refuse any item due to demand, condition, appropriateness, existing copies already for sale, or any other reason.
Download the Used Game Submission Form now and start selling your used games and puzzles.